LOVING LIFE

Today, I had a fabulous realization that manifested in the form of a thought - ”Love life by Living it, and Live life by Loving it!” I instantly shared it as a facebook status. However, I realized there’s  much more to this line than just being a facebook status.
So what exactly does loving one’s life mean? And how exactly does loving one’s life count as have having lived it and not any other way? This can be explained by understanding the two main pillars that comprise that quote .

Love - Love starts with my own self. If I can’t love myself, I can’t love anyone else. When a person can’t love his own self the way he is, there’s no way he can love others the way they are. Loving one’s self is not about staring the mirror all day in self-praise; that’s vanity. Loving the self is about knowing your good and bad; its about accepting your flaws and striving to become a better person;  its about sticking to the values that one holds no matter what. From acceptance comes love and from love grows self-esteem, in which rests the seed of confidence. And I don’t have to add what confidence (not over-confidence) can do to a person’s life.

Life - Life in its basic sense is signified by the mechanism of the beating heart. Until the heart beats, the person lives in the physical reality. However, there’s much more to life than just the beating heart. For me, I have lived my life if I can say yes to the following questions:
  1. Are my days filled by doing things that I am most passionate about?
  2. Have I made some positive contribution to the betterment of even ONE life in any way?
  3. Have I made whole-hearted efforts to become a  better person?
If the answer to all these questions is in the affirmative, it signifies that I have truly lived my life.
So I love myself and I am living in the true sense. Is that all there is to it? Well, absolutely. If I have lived every moment of my life by filling each day with love (for the self and others), passion (towards what I like doing the most)  empathy (self-explanatory), and many other such positive virtues, I have truly loved this life. And when I love my life, only then am I living it!!!
So what do you think? Is there anything that can be added here? Feel free to let me know.

-Wishing you a loving day ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IS.....

THE EMPERORS SEED :)

MOMENT I SEE YOU :)